MSc in Urban Analytics - New in 2019
Around the world, city governments are realising the growing importance of harnessing the power of urban big data. This programme will provide you with the knowledge and skills to design and conduct appropriate analyses, and experience of working with cutting-edge datasets.
- The programme will provide you with a critical appreciation of the potential for big data and urban analytics to inform urban planning and policy making, as well as an understanding of practical and ethical limitations.
- It offers hands-on experience of a range of statistical and GIS software, and of the use of programming tools to capture, process and analyse data.
- You will be exposed to a range of cutting-edge datasets typically encountered by urban analysts and the various challenges they present.
- You will benefit from the programme’s strong connection with the Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC), Glasgow’s world-leading urban analytics centre of expertise.
- The programme will develop your ability to convey the results of complex data analyses in ways which have impact on policy makers and public debates.
- A wide range of optional courses will provide you with the opportunity to pursue personal interests, enhancing particular skills or domain-specific knowledge such as transport studies or urban design.
As this is a new programme, we don’t have student feedback to share yet but you can see what students say about our other programme - the MSc in Urban Transport.
- MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- Contact: Dr Jing Yao