BGS' Accessing Subsurface Knowledge (ASK) Dataset is an output from its Clyde Urban Super Project (CUSP).
The data offers sub-surface descriptions of the Clyde valley, including both models and raw data. Coverage is of the greater Glasgow conurbation, from Motherwell and Wishaw in the east to Greenock and Port Glasgow in the west of the city. This data offers opportunities to link to and enhance a range of other complementary UBDC data. Individual datasets offer subsurface bedrock geology and uncertainty data as well as superficial deposits geology and uncertainty data.
- Data owner: NERC/British Geological Survey
- Coverage (geographical): Greater Glasgow conurbation
- Who can use this data? Limited to non-commercial research use
- Format: Geology available as ESRI and ASC raster grids and Lithoframe viewer files, uncertainty available as JPGs and ASC raster grids
- More information: see the ASK data user guide for researchers.