Zoopla is one of the UK's leading aggregators of property listings data, giving free access to information on 27,000,000 homes, up to 1,000,000 property listings and 15 years of sold prices data.
UBDC’s Data Service is licensed by Zoopla to 1) provide access to original or resulting data (including historical data) to registered non-commercial academic researchers (e.g. employees of Universities or students) and 2) publish online aggregate data (at Datazone level) comprising counts of the number of advertisements for rental properties and average rentals and counts of the number of advertisements for properties for sale and average prices.
- Data owner: Zoopla Property Group Ltd
- Coverage (geographical): United Kingdom
- Coverage (time): 2010 to current
- What can the data be used for? Non-commercial academic use (please contact us to discuss)
- Format: JSON or CSV or similar tabular format
- More information: Details of the data available via Zoopla’s Application Programming Interface (API) can be found at http://developer.zoopla.com/. Also, see the data specification including comparison with fields available from our Nestoria data (XLXS).
- Read our report on Processing Zoopla Historic Data (0.7MB PDF)
- View our Zoopla Data Note on Private sector rents in UK cities
- Count of number of adverts / quarter by UK Local Authority (XLSX)
- Mean and median rent per month / quarter by UK Local Authority (XLSX)
- Count of number of adverts / quarter by Broad Rental Market Area (BRMA) (XLSX)
- Mean and median rent per month / quarter by Broad Rental Market Area (BRMA) (XLSX)
- Count of number of adverts / quarter by Middle Layer Super Output Area (MSOA) (XLSX)
- Mean and median rent per month / quarter by Middle Layer Super Output Area (MSOA) (XLSX)
Note: In accessing this data, you agree that any downloading of content is for non-commercial reference only. No part of these materials may be used for any other purpose or reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior consent of the University of Glasgow. For any enquiries including to discuss licensing the data for non-commercial research use please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data is Zoopla Property Group PLC, © 2018, processed by Urban Big Data Centre, University of Glasgow
We have also set up an email discussion list on housing data and related issues that you can join via the JISCMail website.