Professor of Urban Studies and Housing
Professor of Urban Studies and Housing (Urban Studies), School of Social & Political Sciences
- Address: College of Social Sciences, School of Social & Political Studies, Urban Studies, Office 239, 29 Bute Gardens, Glasgow, G12 8RS
- Telephone: +44 (0) 141 330 5875
- Email: Keith.Kintrea@glasgow.ac.uk
- Website: http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/socialpolitical/staff/keithkintrea/
Keith Kintrea was educated at University of Sussex (BA Hons in Geography in the School of Social Sciences) and University of Edinburgh (MPhil in Urban Design and Regional Planning). He is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Housing (CIHCM) and a Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI). He was elected as a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (AcSS) in 2013.
He has worked at University of Glasgow since the 1980s, variously as Research Assistant, ESRC Research Fellow, Lecturer, and Senior Lecturer. He was Head of Urban Studies and Deputy Head of the School of Social and Political Sciences from 2010-2013.
Keith has funded and led over 30 research grants and contracts, and acted as co-investigator for 15 other major projects. He has published over 100 articles, reports and book sections, including more than 30 refereed journal articles mainly on housing, regeneration and young people.
Outwith the University he is an elected member of the CIH Scotland Board and a Committee Member of Govanhill Housing Association. He was an independent Board Member at Glasgow Housing Association and then a Member of the South Area Committee between 2006 and 2013.
- Neighbourhoods and urban regeneration
- Neighbourhood and place-based inequalities
- Neighbourhood processes and effects
- Young people and place
- Housing policy
- Social housing
- Housing development