Introduction to Adzuna job market data
- Tuesday 25 May 2021
- 14:00 - 15:00 (BST)
- Online (via Zoom) GET DIRECTIONS
This webinar will introduce delegates to the Adzuna dataset.
Adzuna is a new dataset available from the Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC). Adzuna searches thousands of websites and brings together millions of advertisements on their website. Adzuna aims to be the most abundant classified ads site on the web.
The dataset consists of full point-in-time snapshots with details of all advertisements listed on Adzuna’s website. Content includes data about the job market, including job titles, full job descriptions, salary information, location, companies and contract types.
The Adzuna data can be used to research changes in the job market. As UBDC will also facilitate access to data covering the period from 2017 until Spring 2022, the data can be used to analyse changes before, during and after COVID-19. There are many potential applications for the dataset. It can be used for analysis of new vacancies, overall vacancy levels, vacancies by region or job type.
In this webinar, UBDC researchers will provide an overview of how they intend to use the data and the Adzuna data owners will give additional background information and perspective about the creation of the data.
The format of the session will be lightning talks followed by a question and answer discussion about the data.
The proposed agenda is:
- 14:00 - 14:05 – Introduction to presenters, housekeeping and outline of agenda
- 14:05 - 14:20 - Introduction to Adzuna data and how to apply for access (Heather Sinclair, UBDC)
- 14:20 - 14:35 - Background perspective on Adzuna and reasons for the data creation (Adzuna data owner)
- 14:35 - 14:50 - Outline of potential use cases, existing and planned work (Dr Qunshan Zhao, UBDC)
- 14:50 - 15:00 – Delegate question and answer session, followed by closing remarks
What you will learn
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the Adzuna dataset and be able to provide an overview of the main fields and coverage of the data
- Apply to access the data from UBDC
- Give examples of how Adzuna data has been or will be used in research
- Describe potential or intended uses of the data by researchers
- Explain benefits of academic research use of the data, such as increased visibility of the data through citation in publications.
Who should attend
This webinar is for data owners, prospective and current users of Adzuna data. PhD-level students, third party researchers or staff at UK universities who would like to learn more about the potential benefits and usage of Adzuna data should attend.
Prior knowledge requirements
No prior knowledge is required.
Data and software requirements
No data or software is required to participate in this webinar.
Registration for this online event is free and available via Eventbrite. Full details and instructions for joining will be circulated post-registration.